My two grand kids ( 14 & 7) and I had a great time and would recommend the tour. The "ride" was the best per the kids however, they also liked the view from the Empire State Bldg and would like a return visit. Reviewed by:Marcia J.,
USA, July 2012 Read all 34 reviews » View recent photos »
"See All Of New York - From The Top To The Bottom!"
Lowest Price From $44.99 USD $36.99 USD
Experience the NY SKYRIDE, New York's one and only virtual tour simulator for an amazing aerial tour of New York City. Let Kevin Bacon guide you around, above and even below all this metropolis has to offer. Then, bypass the long waiting lines and step aboard our high speed, automatic elevators to the 86th floor and admire panoramic views of New York City from the world-famous Empire State Building!
100% Price Guarantee: We will refund the difference if you find a lower price online or at your destination. Find out more.
Location:New York City
Departure Point:Empire State Building
Open from 8am to 10pm, seven days a week. The NY SKYRIDE experience commences approximately every ten minutes. The total experience takes approximately half an hour - this consists of 2 pre-shows dedicated to New York City and then the simulator experience which takes approximately 15 minutes.
Empire State Building Observation Deck:
Open 8am to 2am; last elevators to the top are at 1:15am. Special hours during holidays, inquire locally.
Safety:100% safe. All transactions done securely.
Vouchers & Confirmation Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a receipt of booking by email. Within 48 hours (often on the very same day!) you will receive a voucher confirming all details.
Voucher Info: You must present a paper voucher for this tour. We will email a link to access and print your voucher at the Lead Travelers email address.
- Take an awesome aerial tour of New York City on the NY SKYRIDE, which sends you on a ride around, above and below the City!
- Swoop along the New York City Skyline without ever leaving your seat!
- Start with an exciting lift off from the top of the Empire State Building.
- Glide past the Statue of Liberty!
- Zoom through Wall Street - watch out for the suits!
- Ride the Coney Island Cyclone as you feel the stomach churning Gs!
- Ride to the 86th floor for panoramic views of New York City from the Empire State Building Observatory!
- Sit in the glass-enclosed area, which is heated in winter and cooled in summer, and admire the views!
- Stroll through the spacious outdoor promenades on all four sides of the building!
- Pick up a souvenir to remember this exhilarating experience!
Conveniently located on the second floor of the Empire State Building, this techno journey is guided by actor Kevin Bacon.
This visual and motion simulation experience allows you to lift off from the top of the Empire State Building, soar through the Manhattan Skyline, glide past the Statue of Liberty, play in traffic at Times Square, "zoom" through Wall Street and ride the stomach-crunching Coney Island Cyclone – all while secured into a comfortable seat, which is part of a specially designed platform, synchronized to the movements on the wide 18x18 foot screen.
Empire State Building Observatory
The world-famous Empire State Building, a New York City Landmark and a National Historic Landmark, soars more than a quarter of a mile into the atmosphere above the heart of Manhattan.
Located on the 86th floor, 1,050 feet (320 meters) above the city's bustling streets, the Observatory offers panoramic views from within a glass-enclosed pavilion and from the surrounding open-air promenade.
Since the Observatory opened to the public in 1931, almost 110 million visitors have been thrilled by the awe-inspiring vistas of the city beneath them.
Each year over 3.5 million people are whisked to the 86th floor to be where Cary Grant waited in vain for Deborah Kerr in an "Affair to Remember" and where Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan had their fateful meeting in the movie "Sleepless in Seattle."
The Audio Tour is available for purchase at the Observatory for $6.00 USD.
Notice To All Passengers:
Passengers with heart conditions, nervous disorders, motion-sickness, back or neck problems or other physical limitations which could be aggravated by the experience should not participate in the ride portion of this attraction.
- Some audio portions of this program are played at higher volume.
- Children under 7 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children 3 years old and under and expectant mothers may not ride.
- Maximum weight limit is 300 lbs. per person.
- No photography allowed.
- Management reserves the right to refuse admission to the ride to any person.
- In reference to children, we do also require that they be at least 36" in height.
- The Empire State Building is fully ADA compliant. We have handicapped restrooms on the 86th floor Observatory and also have lowered viewing walls and binoculars.
Security Checks: Everyone must go through the security check when entering the building. The security check is similar to what you encounter at most airports and consists of a walk-through scanner and baggage check system. Cameras and camcorders are allowed but no tripods. ONLY carry-on size & style bags, suitcases, backpacks, duffle bags, luggage, etc. are permitted. We do not have a coat check, package or baggage check or holding area, so please do not attempt to bring non-carry-on style luggage to the Observatory. Once you leave the building, you must pass through the security check to re-enter. Note: There are no storage facilities on site, so please be prepared to carry everything with you during your visit to the building.